Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cornell Collegetown Bagels



Located at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. This Collegetown Bagel-ry is located at the heart of Cornell mainstream area. It sits at the corner of a street right next to a bridge and some woods. As you walk in, the workers are all so kind and great you with a "good morning" or "good afternoon." This place is a definite place to grab a coffee and a bagel with whatever you desire as its topping, right before you head to class. The menu, so cute. They hand-write in colored chalk all the items they have from, bagels to sandwiches, to coffee beverages, to smoothies. They also add all the ingredients and a fun description to each item. It takes up about four chalkboards; it's huge! It just gives an overall comfortable, and fun vibe to the cafe. Outside, were set up tables and chairs for the customer to sit at. I wouldn't advise sitting on the chairs if it rained the previous night, by the way. But aside from me speaking about the atmosphere, let's talk about the food. Honestly speaking, as a food critic, the coffee was alright. Not something I would go out of my way just to get some of their coffee, but more like coffee I would buy if I only had ten minutes to grab on my way to class. I got the Bagel with Nutella. Yeah I liked it. I mean, you get what you asked for: a honey wheat bagel with Nutella. Nothing so out there or under the gourmet category. For those of you who don't know Nutella.. Get to know it. Nutella is a creamy hazelnut spread that nicely compliments breads, bagels, crepes, etc. So the bagel with Nutella didn't shock me at all, I got what I wanted, and that was nice. Coffee: three out of five stars (sorry, didn't really satisfy me). Bagel: five out of five; thanks for not throwing and surprise curveballs. Visited on 8/11/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment